Monday, 20 April 2015

20/04/2015 - Blog Post 11

                                                                   Week 11

This week in class Shane asked us the following three questions;

1)Would monitoring employees at work via technology be ethical? 

2)Under what circumstance is it ethical to use consumer data from another company? 

3)Is it ethical for facebook to alter your mood using newsfeed?



Here are my views on the questions above;

1) I found this question difficult to answer. One one hand monitoring employees via technology seems quite unethical, however at the end of the day they have been hired to do a certain job and therefore while they are at work they should doing that job and not putting their concentration elsewhere. I believe that it is a companies right to know if and employee is wasting time on various social media sites, however without a doubt the employee should be informed of this when starting work.

2) It is ethical as long as the consumer is not only aware but has also agreed to another company using their data.

3) No I don't think it is ethical. Companies trying to manipulate consumers mood in an way shape or form without their knowledge is unethical.


UPDATE ON APP: Things are going well with our app and I am happy to report that our Facebook page now has 53 likes.

link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Notipedia-UCD/842830779122750?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment