Sunday, 15 February 2015

15/05/15 - Blog Post 3.

                                                                Pintrest and Diigo.

This week in our eLab we learned how to set up and use Pintrest and Diigo accounts.
This week in class we learned all about social bookmarking and Pintrest and Diigo accounts are examples of social bookmarking.


First, we had to make a Pintrest account. We were given instructions to follow which made the process simple enough. We had to pick 5 topics from a variety of many options that interested us so that our feeds would display things we wanted to see. After making our accounts we learned how to make boards, which are were you pin you favourite pictures, videos and articles across the internet. I called mine 'places to go' as I love to travel. Here's what my account looks like!

We also learned how to pin, like and repin. I do enjoy this website but I also find it kind of confusing as it just feels like there's so much going on. The video tutorials that were given to us really helped me.

Next we moved on to Diigo.


To be honest I didn't really enjoy Diigo, I found it quite confusing and not really something I would use in everyday life. Although I do see the value in it and understand why it is so popular. In this part of the eLab we once again made accounts and briefly learned how to use it. This involved adding Diigo to our bookmarks bar and bookmarking an article. As well as using its other functions such as highlighting ,taking notes, taking screenshots, searching, collaborating and using groups and more!


 Once again I found the video tutorials very helpful when navigating through the site but overall I would say its not for me. However, I can definitely see myself continuing to use Pintrest in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment